You know, it’s a brand-new year, and I should be looking forward to all the great things 2009 will bring. But right now, one feeling threatens to override the others: dread.
Now of course, I will follow up this post with things that I’m really looking forward to, but that will be later, when I’m in a better mood and the sun is out. For now, here’s what I’m dreading:
- The thought of a Super Bowl where both teams are from Pennsylvania. The Eagles I can stand, but the St*****s…God hates me. And shut up, Kody.
- Buying a new dryer today. My 12-year-old Kenmore died last night.
- Up at 5 a.m., school, rehearsal, home by 8 p.m., study until midnight, sleep, repeat.
- The knowledge that my knees probably won’t take too many more years of tap dancing.
- Waiting until July for the 3rd season of Mad Men.
- The drive to school this morning in the freezing cold. (Must start the Mighty Ford Ranger extra-early.)
Fink out. (At least there’s yummy coffee in the kitchen.)
PS — I guess I can’t really be *completely* depressed. Mad Men won again.