…I present the following, you know, in case you’re wondering.
- Jim Henson invented the term “muppet” as a combination of the word “marionette” and “puppet.” I had absolutely no idea until this morning. Seriously. Never put that together.
- The glue on Israeli postage stamps is certified kosher.
- WikiHow has everything.
- I just report the news, fiends.
- Hey, now.
- Cryptophasia: the bizarre phenomenon of the language spoken by twins, that only the two of them can understand.
- Last night’s gig was great, and the perfect way to bring to a close the 35 years of joy singing jazz has brought me.
- Thirteen days to Odyssey blastoff. My dining room will soon turn into a preflight staging area.
- It’s the weekend.
Good interesting stuff there Finktron. I have belted out a few f-bombs in my day. Sometimes from physical pain…but most of my swearing is to relieve the frustration brought on by a 1/4 inch chord catching on something and knocking over musical equipment. I want all wires, chords, and related tangley objects to die and be no more. This means I have to make sure to trim up my audio on singing tracks…the space before and after the lyrics can sometimes be profane.
Cryptophasia sounds cool.
That its the weekend is definitely cool.
Haha that made me laff. Sounds so much like you, although you are amazingly non-profane when we’re together. Speaking of getting together, I read a long review on Moonrise Kingdom on the New Yorker site this morning. Check it out!
And yep, last night’s gig was fantastic! Lots of mixed emotions.
Also…glad your last jazz gig was a satisfying success!
Thank you for the info. I now know how to stop an out of control camel.
13 DAYS AND YOU’RE ON YOUR WAY!
Whoaaaaaa camel. When I say whoa, I mean WHOA!!!
HAAAAAAAA! You Yosemite-Sam-camel-rider-you! Just don’t ride any on your vacation.