I mean, really. Maybe it’s my mood this morning (as I said a couple of days ago, it’s not been the best week in memory), but I feel like ten miles of bad road — on the inside. I need me some fun, and I see none in my immediate future. I guess I’ll need to go make some. But until then, here is what frames my discontent:
- I haven’t seen Lars and Helen for at least two weeks — and they live eight houses down the street from me. Life is too flippin’ busy.
- Jake fell off the bed and fractured his collar bone (poor baby!), and I can’t get out to see him until tomorrow.
- I have a delightful teacher inservice today. Ask me if I wouldn’t rather have a classroom full of sixth graders than a day full of activities planned by an administrator.
- I hate pondering the all-encompassing domino effect of choices in one’s life. If you really think about it, it’s huge.
- Dinner Theatre rehearsals are a full two weeks behind schedule.
However (and this is a big fat “but”), I try not to hate without a way out, to wit: a long, long time ago, someone had me write down all the negative feelings I could think of, and then go back through the list and devise a way around each one. Therefore, to that end:
- On my way home from the basketball game tonight, I will call Helen and Lars. Set up a time for coffee this weekend.
- After that call, I will call Hannah and see how Jakey’s doing.
- In the big scheme of life, one day of inservice is not so bad. Who knows? Maybe I’ll actually get something out of it (*SniCKeR*).
- Resolve to make better choices today, because it could affect a whole slew of tomorrows.
So, see? It’s not so bad, having plenty of stuff to hate. But you know, misery loves company, so let’s hear your hates. The Fink is here to help you deal with them. I covet your blatherings.
Off to the showers — and then to my own special version of Friday the 13th. Yippy!
Hey — I already e-mailed you plenty of hates a couple days ago. Do I need to post more, or have I met my quota for the week?
My musical rehearsals could be two weeks behind schedule, but I have no idea, because I’m new to this whole “production” thing!
Hang in there, partner.
And I got those hates, and forwarded them to Stoney. We both feel for ya, sister! YIKES.
Oh, and are you doing a Sunday matinee, mayhap?
“I need me some fun…”
You gotzuh date next Friday night with someone really awesome (or so I hear). You shall have fun with them.
~I hate TRAINS.
Girl if you hate trains you are living in the wrong community! (I hate them too, btw.)
Looking forward to next weekend. Especially the ice cream part!
I hate EVERYTHING about trains. The whistle, the light, the slow lowering of the gate, the huge-ness of them…I hate it all. I had a bad experience when I was little. It was my first bike ride by myself. Twelve years old. My wheel got stuck in the track…I heard the whistle and the gates started to come down…and…OOOH I can’t go on…I hate them. Ask Sam. When I drive I stop like 30 yards away.
>u buyin, lady?
Of course I’m buying, silly girl. You never know, we may need a full meal after the show.
I sympathize on the in-service thing!!
1) They seem to always serve fruit things for snacks!
2) Presenters put me to sleep.
3) For some reason, my watch always runs slower than normal on in-service days.
4)Why is it that those staff members who say,”Let’s not have a lunch so we can get out earlier” always eat the snacks like they’re condemned?
5) In service days are like have squirrels in your head stabbing the backs of your eyes!
Well you know…it wasn’t that bad after all, Greggy. No speakers, yay. Candace, Stein and I were in my room, mapping out an “action plan” on how we were going to keep our jobs. Fun!
I want to personally thank you for not adding myself to this list. Things go on a see-saw, so as you are having a bad week mine is going well for the most part. (Mostly masked by the recent engagement.) Think about how much better you will feel come… oh…. April. By that time Dinner Theater will be over. Jake will be healed enough to hug his Grammy. All will be right in the world again.
And we should all congratulate Stein on his engagement to the lovely Melissa. (That is her name, right?)
Congrats, friend – and yep, I’m hoping the sling comes off soon so Jakey can get back to his old self again.
Yikes. 1000 pardons, Michelle!
Well…you forget to add something to the “hate” list…Krispy Kreme was listed as a company that will more than likely fail in 2009.
Obviously I…well we have not being doing our part.
Maybe Barry will bail them out?
Hiltbrunner! (She says, in her best German accent)
Great to see you here, pal. And I did not read that KK was on the chopping block. Depressing indeed. So yeah, let’s get busy and try to save them….