So, here it ends. Since the 2nd of May, I have learned fantastic things about you, to wit:
- Some great childhood memories
- Your first car
- What happened the year you were born
- Things that get on your everlast nerve
- Facts about you that few people know
- What you feel are the most useful inventions of the past century
- Stuff your mom taught you
- Your ability to give rapid-fire answers to random questions
- When you almost died, or thought you might die
- Your favorite bizarre food choices
- Things that creep you out
- Your personal belief statements
- Secret career desires
- When you won something
- The sickest you’ve ever been
- Who your favorite teacher was, and why
- Your recurring dreams/nightmares
- Some things you regret
- What all you did in high school
- Old clothing you still wear
- How you came to live where you live
- Your favorite candy
- Things you think are headed for extinction
- Countries you’d like to visit
- Your favorite songs
- Your favorite films
- Your least favorite household chores
- Things you like about you
- Your favorite time-wasting activities
- Recent changes in your life
And the best part: I feel I got to know you a bit better through your posts. Yay! A big thank-you to all my fiends who were such good sports to participate in this little game whenever they could. Unlike many bloggers, I’m not in this to make money; no banner ads here. The interaction from readers this past month — that’s why I do this. Can’t put a price on it, and I hope it continues.
All right. For Day 31, please provide some rapid-fire responses:
- Favorite sports teams
- Favorite color
- Favorite TV show, past or present
- Favorite beverage
- Favorite quote
- Favorite actor
- Favorite city
- A car you’d like to own
- Book you’re reading right now, or if you’re currently not reading, a favorite book
- Favorite forms of relaxation
- Cleveland Indians, Cleveland Browns, Cleveland Cavaliers
- Black, red, brown, gold, purple (ah heck…just include the whole spectrum)
- Need you even ask? Mad Men
- A spritzer I make, using cranberry juice and diet Sprite (the Js love it as well)
- I drank WHAT? – Socrates. <–Kidding. I like the Golden Rule: Do unto others as you’d have them do unto you.
- Hmmm…lemme think. JD, of course. I like Cate Blanchett, too.
- NYC, Las Vegas
- Same answer since the 70s: MG Midget
- An epic tome, yeesh — struggling through The Passage by Justin Cronin (think The Stand, but not as interesting)
- Getting together with family & friends; watching a ball game; reading; Facebook
Big Fink love to alla y’all. Way to start off June! I will do this again someday, when I’ve thought up 30 more questions.
The next 30 Day Challenge? Getting through them so we can leave for the Odyssey.
1. Previously any team my kids played on. Currently my grandson’s Wren T-Ball Team. GO RED TEAM!
2. Well…in clothing it would be anything that would make me look 20 pounds thinner
3. The last show I really made an effort to watch was ‘Home Improvement’. I thought it was hilarious and creative. Anything since then has just been random.
4. McD’s Mocha Frappe (this could explain the answer to #2!)
5. ‘He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain that which he cannot lose’ – Jim Elliot
6. Will Smith
7. NYC…loved it!
8. Some sort of convertible or a 1966 Ford Mustang
9. Currently ‘Unashamed’ by Francine Rivers. It’s the story of Rahab.
10. Time with family and friends, reading, playing the piano, working in the garden
My question for you…Why, oh why, are you and I up so early doing this when we’re on VACATION!
LOL – I know, right? Girl, I been up since 3:30! Stupid hip joint jarred me awake, and then I started thinking about painting the garage today, the crazy schedule coming up for the rest of June, wondering if we’ve saved enough money for the Odyssey, worrying about this and that…you know the drill! Can’t turn off the neuron firings.
But in the interest of total disclosure, I wrote the blog post last night.
Hugs to you, my fiend. Let’s keep in touch here.
1. Cleveland Browns, Indianapolis Colts
4. Diet Mt. Dew
5. “Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on my part” – Unknown
6. Anthony Hopkins
7. Fort Myers Beach, Florida
8. I’m not really into cars but I’ll take a BMW for my spouse, a Mazda 3 for one son and a Nissan Ultima for the other – that’s what THEY want!
9. “Rescue” by Anita Shreve
10. Reading, hanging out with my family
Favorite sports teams — Team RadioShack, Rabobank Cycling, Team SaxoBank
Favorite TV show, past or present–Friends
Favorite beverage–regular coke with ice
Favorite quote–Life’s a Bi***, then you marry one.
Favorite actor–Rutger Hauer (he was even before I “became” Dutch)
Favorite city–Paris. No. Zurich. No. Chicago. No. Wait….
A car you’d like to own–Big ole pick-up truck
Book you’re reading right now, or if you’re currently not reading, a favorite book–Anything by Stephen King, probably It because it totally creeped me out. Or Christine.
Favorite forms of relaxation–Watching bird cams, fiddling with Facebook, watching TV
1. New York Yankees, and I’m kinda of starting to like the Indians….
2. Orange is my favorite color easily, but I like green purple and blue.
3. Law and Order Special Victims Unit. I love this show….
4. Chocolate Milk.
5. Form good habits, or bad habits will from you. David Meece said this at church on Sunday.
6. I don’t really have one, but I like the people on Law and Order SVU.
7. Sag Harbor, New York. and San Salvador, El Salvador.
8. Favorite Car, VW Jetta
9. I’m currently reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. I love Harry Potter. I just finished with the 5 one and am reading the series backwards…… why I have no idea but I am.
10. Music, is my favorite form of relaxation, whether I am playing or listening it’s my favorite. Although playing Percussion when your mad is a really good way to get out your anger
1.) Pittsburgh Steelers
3.) Arrested Development (most genius comedy ever)
4.) Dr. Pepper
5.) “Hippies are so phoney and fake.” George Harrison
6.) Mr. Ben Affleck
7.) NYC. It’s my home. I’ve never lived there, but it’s my home.
8.) BMW Isetta
9.) Crazy Love by Francis Chan
10.) Bigfoot hunting. I’m not just content on finding one. I hunt to kill.
1.Cleveland Indians, Cleveland Cavaliers, Pittsburgh Steelers
3.Modern Family, Cougar Town, WWE Tough Enough (ha!)
4.mostly a water person…dull, right?
5.hahaha, I actually used this for a while…” Dig it, and dig it the most!” one Linda Jackson!
7.haven’t been to many, but I really enjoyed Washington DC last summer.
8.I would love to have one of the new Dodge minivans. Boring I know, but the cool family gadgets entice me at this point….
9.I will be starting a very cool book called “Generation iY” by Tim Elmore. It was recommended to me by a teacher friend of mine. It’s a study on the current generation.
10.Relaxation!! What’s that?? lol!
WWE Tough Enough could possibly be one of the greatest shows ever. All shows are better when hosted by everyone’s hero Stone Cold Steve Austin.
Well, since the bonus question is all *my* fault, guess I’d better respond.
1. California Angels. I know they’re called the Anaheim Angels now, but they’re still my team.
3. Have not been a TV watcher for lo these many years, but I did like Star Trek when it was on. Not so much the Generational shows, but the original.
4. I like original Fresca; sometimes with a splash of cranberry juice.
5. “Ainsi sera; groigne qui groigne” (That’s the way it is, grumble who will grumble). Anne Boleyn’s motto
6. I love Morgan Freeman. He’s great. Period.
7. Love NYC. Can’t live there, but I do love it.
8. I’d like to own a BMW Spider. ‘Course I’d be too scared to drive it…..
9. I’m reading “Misquoting Jesus” and “The Inner Game of Music”.
10. Relax? What’s that? I like to sew, embroider and create jewelry
Thanks, Jax. This has been a trip!
Better late than never, eh? Here we go!!
1. What’s a sports team?
3. Tie: Mad Men & Dexter
4. Coke Zero (non-alcohol); Conundrum (wine) http://www.conundrumwines.com/
5. “What goes around, comes around…”
6. Anthony Hopkins (“…fava beans & a nice chianti…”)
7. San Diego
8. This: http://models.audiusa.com/s5-cabriolet
9. Anything Steven King
10. BGQ & splashing around our pool with lots of friends & family
Can’t wait for the next 30-day challenge!
oops…that was BBQ