Sincere thanks to all my students who read RtB: Meg, Sam, Kristina, Trev and others, and to my supremely boss orchestra members who frequent Finkville: Bando, Adam, and Stein. You were fab, and it was a great show.
Thanks also to my family (especially the Thriller) for putting up with the craziness since Labor Day.
But as all theater weirdos will tell you: closing a show, while fraught with mixed emotions, is generally a good thing. It is for me because now I get to catch up on a great many jobs, as well as start some new projects.
Can anyone say Dinner Theatre ? Yikes.
But for now, today, Sunday — the Fink rests. Tomorrow, I will begin many tasks that have eluded my attention for weeks:
- Emails. I must have 25 in my inbox, unanswered. Unacceptable.
- The school website. I still don’t have pictures from Homecoming up.
- Start reading in prep for April’s exams. Ugh, dear Lord. I really, really, really don’t want to do this.
- Christmas concerts? What Christmas concerts? What’s a choir?
- Follow up on the imminent purchase. (Once again, for music purposes only. For all other things, “I’m a PC.” Playing both sides of the fence. Hey Ross..maybe I’m an idealist after all.)
- Start thinking about Thanksgiving. Now that, I’m looking forward to. *Wave to Helen and Jakey’s Mom*
- Get a carload of Jake pictures printed at Wally, framed, and hung on my family wall.
- Decide on DT audition music.
- Begin outline for Son of Zero to Sixty. (No joke. I’m insane.)
- Start Christmas shopping.
But for the moment, I wonder what’s to eat….
awww man i can’t believe it is all over…and with DT around the corner! Daaang
Once again, thank you for all you have done – i shall have something lovey dovey and slighty mooshy for u tommarah
have a fabulous day – and relax, u deserve it, my darling!
now i must go awaken my jenny. it is 11 o`clock and she’s still dead in my bed…blaaah
love u dear!
Congratulations on a successful show. Take a rest.
Son of Zero to Sixty?? Yay!
It’s over? Honest and for true? Thank the Lord!!! I can’t afford to squeak any longer. Get me some jazz stuff, man.
Great show Jax we all loved it. All the kids were GREAT!! Only one thing I did not see my name on the credits I must have done something LOL GREAT SHOW
HA – mathman – I totally forgot to list you in the program as “Massive Pain in Director’s Rear.”
PS – thanks for the compliment – we’ll see if we can’t get your niece to audition next year!