Yep. This is it. It’s over.
Today I begin the last post-graduate class I will ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever, ever take.
Fourteen weeks from now, I will be done. Expect a hue and cry heard round the world. Come January, it will be the first time in three years that I will begin Dinner Theatre rehearsals without having to go home afterward and work for two hours. I won’t know how to handle myself.
I will be winding down just as the Thriller starts up. Nice to just proofread research papers instead of compose them. Huzzah. Can’t wait.
Here are some other things I can’t wait for. Notice how we always say, “I can’t wait.” Why is that? We have no choice but to wait. “I can’t wait for tomorrow!” Well, you have to. But I still like to say “I can’t wait” for stuff.
The “Can’t Wait” List
I can’t wait for:
- this class to be over
- BoomR’s visit in October (W0000ty hoo)
- my cast members to learn their music (sidelong glance at Samuel & Meg)
- today at 3:30 when Bando comes to visit
- Saturday, when I will see the entire family for my birthday feast (yippity!)
- this cold to get overwith — ick
- my Saturday morning cluck with Mavis
- my two vacations next summer: one to Florida and the other to Texas with the Thriller
- this Sunday morning, when I will sleep in and generally act lazy
Everyone has a “can’t wait” list. What’s on yours? As always, I covet your….
Fink OUT the door
…why iz yew glancin’ ovuh heeere?
Yeah, you know what I mean, girly!
My grandpa told me not to wish my life away. But yes, I have some ‘can’t wait’s too.
1. Sept 14 when I start with my new voice teacher.
2. Sept 14 when the studio reopens and I get some $$ in the door.
3. I get my serger paid off and can put that bad boy to work.
4. I reach my goal weight.
5. We can move out of the gawd-forsaken apartment into a home of our own.
I had to look up the word “serger.” Wow! You are a sewing maven! And I’ll give you an advance WTG on #4! Go for it, ladybird!
Yeah it’s a Viking 396 5-thread with coverstitch capability – something my current machine does not do. There ya go- more things to look up LOL.
I learned to sew when my eldest daughter ballooned to about 100+ pounds at age 8. It was learn to sew or the child would go naked. I bought a used machine for $100 and literally nagged the daylights out of the people at my local JoAnns until I figured stuff out. Since then, it’s become not only a hobby but great therapy.
And an advance WTG heading out to you for your VERY LAST CLASS! I prouduvya.
Woops. Lesdyxia setting in. Viking 936 is the model. PK
I can’t wait to:
1. Get a job.
2. Stop having to work at jobs.
3. Walk downstairs and have coffee
I want #2 and #3 today. No joke.
I forgot you were giving up coffee. Had I remembered I wouldn’t have mentioned it. Truth be told I ended up walking downstairs and having tea. It was great.
Hey friend — I only gave up coffee for that first week. I can reintroduce it at any time if it doesn’t bother me (which it doesn’t). It’s all good! ‘Sides, I can’t live without my DD….
Never say ever.
It will be over before you know it!! Yay!!
I thought I escaped that admonition by not using the word “never.” But of course, you got me!
1. October (AU Homecoming weekend) to see Finkey for a couple days of uber-geeky computer/music stuff… Well, that & to finally meet Thriller & generally hang out/eat/ drink/be merry with mah sistah!
2. Rice crispy treats during #1….
3. A little get-away to The Cape with Bluvox (I’ve never been!)
4. For a relaxing Labor Day weekend by the pool!!
B to the oomR
Sweetness, you will be swimmin’ in RK treats, gare-own-teed. And how long are you staying at the Cape? Visiting B’s fam while you’re up that way?
Mom Bluvox is actually here in Dallas (and in the hospital as of a couple days ago – doesn’t look good Blood clot in her lung & they’re pretty sure liver cancer – biopsy scheduled tomorrow – so say a prayer!) Older brother & family are in So Carolina. And depending on how things shake out over the next week or so, Cape may be canceled.
BTW, yippee on the Suzie-Q’s – can we find some of the banana flavored ones, too?
Do keep us posted, friend. Of course you have our prayers & good wishes going out her way.
PS – I’m also stocking up on SUZY-Qs!!!! HAAA
1. See the results of building.
2. Get the ceremonial aspect of marriage out of the way.
3. Be a recognizable enough figure in my own town that people acknowledge my existance.
1) Can’t wait for my coffee/cluck with my sister!
2) Can’t wait for the birfday bash for my sister! (I wish we could have pony rides. Wouldn’t it be great to see the Finkster sitting on a pony? HA. Good times.)
3) Can’t wait to reach my goal weight and feel healthier.
** Many prayers going up, BoomR!
Whaaat? No pony rides?
Or we could do as you suggested in email the other day, and just have Seamus haul me around the yard on the lawn tractor. HAR