I admit, I am off my feed today. I don’t know why. Usually, I’m pretty much an “up” type person. Always something nice to say, you know? So why so serious? I mean, it’s Finkday, fuh cryin out loud. My birthday feast is tomorrow. All things in my life are good (except for that 71-page reading assignment). Hmmm. Let’s see here. What’s bugging me this morning?
- My high school singers are successfully plowing their way through Mozart and (Michael) Haydn, while struggling hopelessly with 8 measures of a standard SATB arrangement of “O Christmas Tree.” Somebody explain this to me.
- Last night, I read a tragic, heartbreaking story about a former hero of mine: Bernie Kosar.
- This cold is making me mad — like my being mad about it is going to make it go away. As if.
- BFF Kay is leaving in a week. She’ll be gone till November.
- When I’ve got a cold, I crave comfort food. I have visions of macaroni & cheese, pancakes, cinnamon toast, cheesy scrambled eggs, fettucine Alfredo, and warm chocolate cake with extra, extra frosting, all dancing in my head. Rats.
But hey, look at the bright side.
- My high school choir loves to sing Mozart and Haydn. I’ll take that over “Tannenbaum” any day.
- Bernie says he will pull through this, like thousands of other people who go through hard times. I think he’ll do it.
- BFF Kay will be back in November — just in time for opening night of Bye Bye Birdie.
- I will go to bed tonight knowing I’ll feel better tomorrow having not eaten fettucine Alfredo.
And, Bando got me this for my birthday. Oh, yeah.