Hahaha. After all the yammering I do about people being guilty of this on Facebook, now I write one here?
Not really, no. I mean I could, but I won’t. I want to, but…seriously, I have to say that just for general purposes, we should all — myself included, absolutely — do the following, for the greater good:
- Do unto others…
- Tell the truth to people you care about, even if it’s uncomfortable — but also be willing to hear the truth.
- Open doors for people. And I don’t mean in the metaphorical sense. I mean, if someone’s behind you, or struggling with an armload of stuff — be nice and open the door.
- Bring somebody some chocolate once in awhile. It makes you feel good. (PM me for my address.)
- If someone insults you, forgive him first, then go to him and work it out, as calmly and quietly as possible.
- Trusting someone with your private thoughts is a huge deal, and must never be entered into lightly.
- Always, always try to choose kindness first, and resist with all your might the urge to put the smackdown on someone because it would make you feel superior.
- Be OK with the fact that sometimes you’re the dog, and sometimes you’re the fire hydrant. It happens.
- Choose one person per day to build up and encourage with a kind comment.
- Live by Google’s (alleged) motto: “Don’t be evil.”