OK, the first day of school is over with. Behold my findings:
- No matter who graduates, someone is always there to step up to the plate and continue the tradition. That is a good thing in choral music.
- Ninety-nine percent of the students on my Facebook friend list hated the first day of school. Puzzling, since the first day is always the easiest day.
- Smaller can mean better (70 in HS choir this year — 20 fewer than years past).
- The thought of Stoney and I getting together tomorrow to face the gargantuan task of devising a rehearsal schedule for the next three months is making me feel a bit sickly.
- We need a follow spot operator. Any ideas?
- For the first time in my career, I didn’t spend the entire week before school actually at school. Does this mean I have a life?
I wonder many things this day.
Yikes — 6 a.m. and me sitting here like I got nothing to do. Hey, it’s Welmsday — we’re halfway to the weekend. Hang in there, everybunny.