At least I’m getting stuff done, right? In these last two hours, I have:
- bought Jake’s birthday presents
- booked my hotel for when I attend my uncle’s memorial service in Illinois next weekend
- paid bills (yay for payday)
- touched up the gray roots in my hair
- packed a bag for the overnighter we’re taking tonight
Speaking of Jake: it’s a rite of passage, I guess, but he has officially requested as a birthday gift “money to spend at the county fair” — the first time he’s asked for something other than toys. He’s a big boy now, going to be all of five years old and attending preschool school every day, taking swimming and gymnastics lessons, going boating with the family and working on cars in the shop with his dad. And the years fly by…
So, pony up your plans for the holiday weekend — what’s shakin’? Anything fun? We get back from Detroit tomorrow, then off to BFF Kay’s for dinner, then the Js, then Dinner Theatre work at school all day on Monday. It is Labor Day, after all. I shall toil at the mines.
Happy weekend to all — love dem Finkdays.