It’s Finkday already — so hard to believe. While I am beyond excited to A) see my nephew from Florida who’s coming to visit his mother, and B) possibly bring Mavis home from the hospital sometime over the holiday weekend, I cannot ignore the exhaustion level. If it was still summer, this would be a cakewalk and I could still fit in a slumber party with the Js. But hey, what am I complaining about? It’s Mavis who’s suffering, not I.
There is good news this day, however:
- Finkite BoomR is being romanced by a corporation impressed with his awesome skill set (as you know, he was one of the thousands hit by the Cisco Systems layoff massacre).
- Dinner Theatre auditions are over with, and we have a good cast.
- The Thriller and I had an awesome time with Lars and Helen at dinner last night (I could have stayed and yapped another hour, at least).
- Two weeks in the books, and my choirs are not shockingly bad.
- Mavis had a relatively good day yesterday.
- I got to see RD for a quick visit this week.
- New contact lenses arrived. Maybe I can actually see now.
- Stephen King’s new book is now ready for download.
How about adding to the list? Gofrit. The Fink is keen to know.
Awww…you are sweet for saying that Thank you!! And of course, “when it rains, it pours…” I’ve had 4 other calls over the past 2 days from recruiters wanting me to consider tossing my hat in the ring for similar jobs. One in particular MAY give my current opportunity a good run for it’s money. But we’ll see!
Good to hear of all the other good news, too! As for me, I get to spend time this weekend with BV (of course) and will FINALLY have the time to unbox this: http://youtu.be/T1o2Woa8PBk
All our love & best wishes to Mavis!!
Whoa!! Another amazing toy — you are somethin’ else, mister. Every time you talk about your studio I start thinking about next June……………..
And keep me posted on all these interviews. From the sounds of things, you could basically be interviewing them to see which one wins your hand. What a great position to be in, if one has to be in your position. Rock on, luv!
I really enjoyed our brief visit. That was a highlight of my week. It’s always good to see you. I’m glad that Mavis is improving and is able to come home. Prayers for her full recovery continue. It’s good to know that BoomR is receiving good job offers.
Thanks, fiend. And we have to squeeze in one more Bux date before you jet. Git out yer calendar!