Well let’s add some more to this list and this, too (had a good laff over that one). It’s been a few months since I yammered on in list form about stuff that truly bugs me; you can imagine the conglomerate tectonic pressure.
More Annoying Things
- Doing stuff you know you will pay for later, like trying to open a metal rolltop window (the one in our light booth at school) by yourself. Stupid raging backache anyhow. Ouch. I am not 20 anymore. Or 30 or 40, either. Carp.
- Waking at 4:22 to the sound of dog yak. On the bedroom carpet, of course.
- When people blame their personal “issues” on others.
- When a high school student leaves a nasty, sticky, half-consumed bottle of Gatorade on the television stand in my classroom, invoking the establishment of a new rule: bring a bottle, serve an hour. So it is written.
- Starting a new diet every day. (Thirty-year, fun-filled habits are hard to break.)
- When parents go to astronomical heights in order to facilitate the avoidance of punishment for their angelic child who would never, ever tell a lie to get out of trouble. (What happened to the parenting of my day: “You get in trouble at school, and you’re in twice as much when you get home”)
- Being behind the 8-ball. Rehearsal with bass player and drummer today, and no parts for them. Thumbs up on that, Finkly.
- When people steal your joy.
- When you feel betrayed.
- When you have barely enough coffee left for one pot (but, thank the gods, that’s what I had left).
All right, fiends. A little commiseration here. Ready, steady, go.