Even though my Thanksgiving break isn’t over yet (Deer Huntin’ Day tomorrow, so no school — gotta love teaching out in the sticks), I’m looking forward to Christmas vacation. Between spending as much time as possible with Jake and Justin and getting the new district website done in Joomla, I plan to see a movie or two. Behold:
- Sherlock Holmes, and not because Robert Downey is dreamy. Really.
- New Moon, because I liked the books. Not particularly looking forward to the mopey, depressed teenage girl aspect, however. I never was one, and I don’t like to be around them. But I do love all things vampiric.
- Avatar, because I think it’s impossible for James Cameron to have a bigger triumph than Titanic. And it looks quite good, actually, so I may be proven wrong.
- It’s Complicated – I am not a Baldwin fan, but this does look really funny.
- The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus, and not because of Heath Ledger, don’t ya know.
Of course, I will watch White Christmas and It’s a Wonderful Life, just because they’re wonderful, and probably catch The Santa Clause because it’s cute, and because it is the last movie I ever saw with my mother, back in 1994.
Christmas shopping is pretty much done. Howdya like that??
Wish I wouldn’t have scheduled a gig for my v-jazz group this afternoon, however. Would have been nice to just be lazy all day. Ah well. Good music is always a fine reason to get out of the house.
Enjoy your Sunday — the holiday insanity begins.
I love your movie play/watch list!! I’m not sure if I’m completely dialed into the whole Twilight thing. Is/was that a TV show? Is the latest movie a sequel? That one is the only ?? for me. Sort of strikes me as a teenage chick flick with a vampire twist. Am I close?
Hope you have a great gig! I’m gonna be test-driving a set of speakers for the recording studio… not sure if I’m going to buy them or not. My rep from Guitar Center let me take this pair home to try. If I like them, maybe Santa will be good to me!
Wait…hold the presses: A post about Imaginarium, yet no “dreamy” comment about Johnny Depp?? Are you OK? Do I need to call an ambulance??
Haha…the comment was there, luvy — just hidden!
The Twilight thing is a series of four books by Stephenie Meyer (another Cinderella story; stay-at-home mom, first-time writer whose books about magic stuff took off and sold eleventy billion copies and a spawned a series of movies – sound familiar?). I read all the books and enjoyed them.
Did I miss The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassu? I though it was in theaters October 16 but that might have been the UK release date.
Not sure, Sam, but I saw that it was in theaters here on Christmas Day, albeit limited. Might have to wait for the DVD if that’s the case. I found the info here.
New Moon was better than Twilight. The acting improved and there is some humor.