Why am I sad today? It’s Thurmsday, after all, and there’s no school tomorrow (well, there’s no school for students, anyway…ugh). I should be dancing on the ceiling, because I get to see Suzanne on Sunday in Detroit. I have a meeting in Fremont on Monday, so I won’t be at school that day, either. Hmmm. Long weekend, no school Monday…what’s to boo-hoo about?
- Sure wish I had about ten rehearsals this weekend. We definitely need it. Alas, it’s Homecoming, so the kids need to have that time to actually be kids and enjoy the game and dance. Let go already.
- Haven’t clapped eyes on Mavis all week, and I’ll be gone all weekend.
- Ditto on the grandsons, and all my chillins as well.
- I miss Kay.
- I reduced a student to tears at rehearsal last night. Felt like a big old meanyhead. (I apologized afterwards, and she was very gracious.)
- I’m having one of those weeks when everything just kind of bites.
Can anyone relate?
I know, I know. I should follow the above with a list of six things I’m really fortunate to have and for which I’m thankful. There’d be a lot more than six items on that list, as I am one of the most blessed people I know. But for today, I say je suis triste.
And I want that mood lighting in my car like BoomR has. Yeep, there goes the tenth Commandment. Now I’m a religious felon as well. Nice.
Fink, bucking up