I once again ask “Why?” today. You know, since it’s 1:12 a.m. and all.
- Why is it that I’m the one who has to get up at 5 a.m. and go to work, but I’m the one Rousseau comes to at 12:30 because he’s having tummy trouble and needs to go outside? Does he not know that the Thriller doesn’t have to get up early?
- Why do my students make me want to launch puppies across the Grand Canyon every moment leading up to a performance, but then sing like angels at the concert?
- Why can’t Vinnie Pestano and Chris Perez pitch like that all the time?
- Why is it so easy to assume we have all the information on a thing, when in fact we have very little? Assumptions can be (and often are) dangerous, especially when entire schools of thought are built on them.
- Why is it impossible for me to go back to sleep once I’ve been awakened in the night? I ask this, of course, while Rousseau snores peacefully at my feet.
- Why has the school year gone so fast? (And why on earth am I complaining about it?)
Dog is awake again, poor thing. Strap in, cousin. It’s gonna be a long, long night. Oy, warum?