Woo, 59 of these little RNF posts, and a ton more in the basic “Random Neuron Firings” category. Why do I number some, but not others? Quien sabe. I’m mental.
For those who might not know, my RNFs are comprised basically of general, off-the-top-of-my-head observations. You know, kind of like the posts I write every day and fail to assign a number to…
Anyway. Set, go.
Random Neuron Firings
- Wow, such anger. What a hothead. Is this guy who you want for the leader of the free world? One poorly-timed joke by a visiting Beijing diplomat, and *kABLam* — there goes China.
- Mavis’s surgery went well. I’m glad she’s home, resting. I spoke with her on the phone last night, and she sounds a bit better.
- Latest addition to the Dinner Theatre song list: “Me Ol’ Bamboo” from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang. Remember that movie? Awesome. I would have liked to see the Broadway show, but it didn’t last long.
- Speaking of old stuff…remember My Friend Flicka? Sure you do, fellow crusty ones. My grandpa Johnson, whose parents were from Sweden, told me one day as it came on the TV at his house, “You know, flicka means ‘girl’ in Swedish.” I have never forgotten that fact — or that day, back in what — 1965-66, when it was in reruns? Isn’t it funny how seemingly small memories stick with you in a big way?
- Remy had a good day with the Thriller while I was at school yesterday. They bonded, played, took a ride in the car to the vet (the doc says he’s 100% healthy, with a beautiful coat and markings, and likely around two years old), and spent some time talking to one another. While Remy stayed pretty close to Mommy for the evening, I was told that he went downstairs to the office earlier in the day, without having to be coaxed down with treats or taken on the leash. Good boy, Remington!
- Just found out last night that Boardwalk Empire is in its last season. Whaaa? Mad Men is on the way out, too. Breaking Bad (the best show in the history of TV drama, ever, hands down) is already gone. Sheesh. Watch — next it’ll be Downton Abbey, Ray Donovan, The Newsroom, Homeland, Dracula…all my favorites. Cripes, what’s next? 60 Minutes?
- It’s hilarious to watch Remy play with his Skineez toy. He has the reindeer. I wasn’t sure he’d play with it at all, but it’s his favorite. Nasty looking things, but apparently, dogs love them because they resemble rodents. Niiiiiiice.
- I hate the first day back to school after a long vacation, and this vacation was extra-long. Yesterday wasn’t too bad, though. I think everyone might have been more “OK” with going back than they let on. Still, I’d be lying if I said I’m not thrilled when quittin’ time rolls around.
And that is all for this morning, my fiends. Hey, it’s Finkday — the weekend’s almost here! I hope I can get some major visiting in over the next 48 hours (Mavis, Kay, the As, then the Js). Then it’s off to the Dinner Theatre rehearsal schedule. Yippy! Here’s hoping that you have some fun plans for the weekend, too.
#6 – We are SO ready for our shows to start back up again. Here’s our list (because I’ve been cross referencing them all morning to see when they start): House of Cards, Sherlock, House of Lies, Nurse Jackie, Mad Men, Hannibal, Castle (we like this one a lot for some reason), Suits, White Collar, Masters of Sex… and more.
We were so desperate to watch something last night that we dug into the archives of Boston Legal. Swear. Even considered possibly starting Law and Order, from the beginning. Ha. And I still have my West Wing, over and over again, when Heffe is working on something. Heffe always catches me watching West Wing with the volume down. He says “Just because you have all the lines memorized doesn’t mean that I do…”
Glad to hear that Remy is settling in some. Makes us long to have a pup…!
I am too! Now I haven’t checked out Hannibal…might have to do that. And Boston Legal? Haha! Isn’t that the one with James Spader? And I lol’d at your comment about WW. House of Lies looks good too!
I forgot to mention Scandal and the American version of Sherlock, “Elementary”. AND The Blacklist (with James Spader, oddly enough).
I’ll have to warn you, though… I think you and I share the same aversion to HORROR movies and scenes. I must tell you that Hannibal, for as much as I appreciate it and the amazing acting in places with the added benefit of deep mystery?… most frightening, gruesome show I have ever seen on “cable TV”. Just sayin’.
Well, I s’pose it was inevitable that ‘Boardwalk Empire’ came to an end – prohibition in the US only lasted 13 years, but….. if they’re smart, HBO can spin that off into another series about Capone. You heard it here first, folks.
Off to take the last of the ‘Idiots’ to the vet for vaccinations. Tomorrow I pick up my new rescue babies! Since they were found in the engine of a car, I think I will name them Cam (camshaft), Maggie (magneto) and Sprocket.
Pics to follow!
You know, that would be a good one. A spinoff on Capone. But seriously…they killed off Jimmy waaaaay too early, they spent waaaay too much time on the Chalky/Narcisse thing, and Richard, seriously???? and the story line is stalling with Nucky and Eli. Blah. Maybe Scorsese and Wahlberg have had enough, or Terence Winter is too busy with other stuff. Hey, I just found an interesting article here.
Post pictures of Cam and Maggie! <3