Random Neuron Firings
As the summer of 2010 comes to an official close with the first week of school now in the books, there is much to ponder. As fall approaches (signified by my sitting here in my parlor with a sweater on), I think it’s safe to say that the summer of 2010 was likely the best, busiest, and most revealing of my life. Behold:
- I took an amazing vacation with the Thriller (with more to come next year, yay).
- Mavis and I added a couple of very special people to our family. More on that at a later date.
- Jake and Justin spent lots of time with us — that alone could make an awesome highlight film.
- For the first time in my career, I did not spend several days a week at school during the summer.
- Spent some fabulous time with BFF Kay and Bob.
Yet, some things remain undone and unattended, as is the norm around here. Not enough time or discipline or opportunity or whatever to get thus-and-so taken care of.
This summer, I didn’t:
- get rid of those nasty 20 lbs.
- redecorate my classroom
- get all my photos arranged in albums
- do my annual eBay summerummage sale
- take boxes and boxes of stuff to Goodwill
- choreograph a single routine for Singin’ in the Rain
- plant a garden (not that I would have been home to see flowers and tend veggies)
But honestly. If I analyze the two lists, what I didn’t do fades into insignificance compared to what I did, ja? So does this mean all is well in my world, and everything is good?
At the very least, a number of those things on the not done list can be done later on. The eBay sale could probably be done during the winter break. Same with the Goodwill trip. Or, since it will be closer to winter, taking the clothes you don’t need to the Salvation Army.
I agree, luv. Everything else pales or can take a back seat to this past summer. It’s one you’ll never forget! Just think of the new memories you’re going to make NEXT summer!
Indeed, Mavis — and YOU TOO! Cannot wait for all the pictures and updates — you’ll have to start a blog of your own!
we be loving you!! don`t forget it………lol
And we love you too, Kathybird! Both of yaz!