It’s Finkday already. ¡No lo creo! Time’s flying by (and getting tougher than tough…). School year weeks never go this fast, ya know? Anyway, let the flipouts begin.
I laid some “haven’t” science on myself this morning:
- Haven’t updated choir tour accounts and details yet.
- Haven’t given a single thought to the upcoming Joomla training session, or the wholesale changes that come afterward.
- Haven’t done *any* score study or choreography or transpositions for Bye Bye Birdie. Nice.
- Haven’t any players for the orchestra yet; don’t even know what kind of pit I want.
- Haven’t yet bought the eleventy-thousand-dollar textbook I need for the last class I will ever take in my lifetime.
- Haven’t begged the Thriller to get the garden roto-tilled.
- Haven’t cleaned those last two closets.
- Haven’t seen this much fur come off a dog in one brushing session, ever. Could have made a small sheep out of it. The photos don’t do it justice, honestly; it was all over the yard, just flyin like an eagle till it was free.
However, I also….
- Haven’t had this much fun in one summer (with one bad spell, albeit brief) in forever.
- Haven’t enjoyed my family and friends this much in a long time.
- Haven’t “grown” as much professionally in the last five years as I have over the last few months.
Hmm. Does this have anything to do with turning forty in a couple-a weeks? Not sure I can take all this self-realization and huggery. Cloying.
All right, off to the showers. Meeting my good fiend Stoney at 10:00 for our annual cutting-the-score-to-ribbons session. Me likey.