I ponder the existential questions this day. Or at least, the questions that trouble me.
- When will the FedEx guy be here?
- If I hate the song “Birdland” (which I do, and always will), does that make me a bad jazz musician?
- What will happen if I see someone holding a script onstage this afternoon?
- How many mean people can dance on the head of a pin?
- Will Monday ever get here? (Yes, friend. They’ve extended the due dates for class. The suckage continues.)
- Am I really considering buying one of these? (Yes, I am, actually, for music software reasons. No vitriol allowed on this, though! Computer brand loyalty is like Republican vs. Democrat, Ford vs. Chevy, chunky vs. smooth. “And no minds were changed.”)
- Why do I not like the latest MadMen plot twist? Where is Don going? And who did he call in the last scene?
- Will this show be ready to open with 19 days and 12 rehearsals left?
These things I wonder. But…now it’s time to hit the shower and go watch Jake while #1 Son and Jakey’s Mom get ready to go to a wedding. Color me excited!